Fire safety training and the implementation of fire safety risk assessments in the workplace are essential steps in ensuring your business’s health and safety standards are met. Armadillo Safety is here to help you put these practices into place, whether your business is run from one office or multiple units.
In today’s blog, we’re looking into the importance of proper fire safety training in the workplace. We will be exploring the laws surrounding workplace fire safety and highlighting the benefits of implementing the appropriate training and procedures should any hazards occur. Additionally, we will provide our advice on the proper fire risk assessments for your business and how our team here at Armadillo Safety or team of health and safety consultants in London, Essex, Kent and east Sussex can assist you along the way.
Workplace Fire Safety and The Law
There are various laws and legislations regarding fire safety in businesses that are each dependant on the business type, the number of employees, where your business is based and other factors. Your business must comply with the specific legislation that it comes under. The multitude of documents, leaflets, and online guides may seem daunting at first, but it’s simple with the proper guidance from our team. The easiest way to guarantee that your company complies with the law is by taking advantage of our competent person services. We keep you up to date with the relevant case law and changes to legislation or industry practices and provide you with certificates and proof of our annual health and safety audits, so you can rest assured that you are covered.
The Importance of Implementing Proper Fire Safety Training
No matter which industry your business falls under, proper fire safety training is essential. Of course, you will find fewer hazards in an office building than in a restaurant; however, basic fire safety training is still crucial. Let’s take a look at why that is.
- Fire Safety Training Saves Lives. Fires are hazardous, and in the worse cases, are fatal. Having the proper training in place means that everyone working under the roof has the same knowledge of what to do and what not to do if a fire breaks out on the premises. It also lessens the chance of panic. Suppose everyone has the same fire safety training. In that case, there isn’t one or a few people responsible for ensuring that the people present are safe – it is everyone’s responsibility, reducing the pressure and panic of the situation.
- Fire Safety Training Raises Hazard Awareness. By implementing fire safety into your workplace, you immediately raise awareness of the hazards. Staff members will become more aware of the potential fire hazards while at work, meaning there is less chance of a fire breaking out.
- Fire Training Reduces Your Business’ Liability. Fires pose substantial financial losses for businesses; buildings can be destroyed, and you could lose stock. Protect your building and its assets by implementing proper fire safety training.
Our fire safety consultants are equipped with the knowledge and experience to provide you with some of the best health and safety training in Kent and London and fire risk assessments in london available. We offer a wide range of fire training modules, including Fire Safety Management, Fire Awareness Training, Fire Marshal Training, and PEEPS (Personal Emergency Evacuation Plans). So you’re sure to find the proper training for you and your business with us.
Fire Safety Risk Assessments
Fire Safety Risk Assessments are one of the first steps in ensuring that your business complies with the fire safety laws and legislation. A competent person must carry them out, so if your business doesn’t already have one, consider hiring a qualified professional from us. The completion of fire safety risk assessments occurs annually or after any changes to your building. A standard evaluation covers the following:
- Identifying fire hazards
- Identifying individuals at risk
- Evaluating, removing, or reducing the risks
After this, the competent person will record their findings and provide an emergency plan – this includes setting the company up with any required training.
How Armadillo Safety Can Help Your Business
As health and safety consultants in London, Kent and Essex, we are equipped with the knowledge and experience to ensure that your business, assets, and staff are safe. As mentioned, we offer a wide range of services, including our competent person services and our fire risk assessments in Essex and London. If this sounds like something your business would benefit from, please enquire today. Or if you have any questions about our safety compliance services, CDM consultancy in London, or any other services, please don’t hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be more than happy to assist you.